Family Support Counselor (Behavior Coach)
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are currently hiring for Family Support Counselor. This position is based out of our office located in the Town of Maricopa.
Family Support Counselors (FSC-s) have the natural ability to form positive supportive relationships with children and adults in caring, family and community based environments using ways that adhere to the 12 AZ Principles. Assists with the coordination of case management services and communication of community-based resources. Performs procedures to support clinical operations including problem resolution and customer service; documentation, attends Child and Family Teams, and performs other duties as assigned, which may include mentoring children, assisting with living skills, providing respite for families, and other supportive services.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Health related field or meet BHT qualifications required.
- A valid ARIZONA driver's license, with no major infractions for the past 36 months.
- Experience working with children and family through positive behavioral support.
- Either currently have a valid fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and/or weekend hours.
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Spanish Speaking is preferable.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 390-147-0908