Family Support Counselor (Behavior Coach)
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are currently hiring for Family Support Counselor. This position is based out of our office located in Maricopa City.
Family Support Counselors (FSC-s) have the natural ability to form positive supportive relationships with children and adults in caring, family and community based environments using ways that adhere to the 12 AZ Principles. Assists with the coordination of case management services and communication of community-based resources. Performs procedures to support clinical operations including problem resolution and customer service; documentation, attends Child and Family Teams, and performs other duties as assigned, which may include mentoring
children, assisting with living skills, providing respite for families, and other supportive services.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Health related field is required.
- Experience working with children with behavioral needs and different diagnosis.
- Experience working with parents on parenting skills, modifying behavior and modeling parenting style.
- Ability to engage with others easily, coordinate with DCS and follow up in timely manner.
- Previous use of behavior charts and behavior modification skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and/or weekend hours.
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 390-082718