Family Nurse Practitioner
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**We are offering Sign-on incentives up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
The Family Nurse Practitioner is a licensed independent practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating integrated health care for the patient in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status). Integrated clinical management is conducted in collaboration with other health care team members, behavioral health providers, and behavioral health team members.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations including medical histories. Evaluates complaints of an acute and chronic nature. Formulates an initial diagnosis and treatment plan for individuals with common mental health problems.
- Provides medication, medication monitoring, medication education, crisis response, direct mental health services, and medical record documentation, as required.
- Develops working relationships with primary care clinics and coordinates care with PCP's and other professionals as indicated.
- Provides support, psychotherapy and supportive counseling for clients in regards to psychosocial, environmental, and physical well-being.Collaborates with other professionals for less common and more complicated mental health problems.
- Provides health education to clients, caregivers and family, as well as staff.
- Monitors changes of clients with persistent mental illness.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings to maintain connection with other members of the department and to learn of changes within the agency and within the greater mental health community.
- Participates in supporting the operations of the Agency's Quality Improvement Program as directed.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships and effective ongoing communication with all EMPACT-SPC staff, referring organizations, behavioral health clients, parole officers, case managers, service coordinators and school personnel.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor in the development and implementation of paperwork procedures.
- Participate in agency fund raising activities as requested by management.
Skills / Requirements
- The provider must have completed either a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing.
- Possession of valid Arizona Registered Nurse License and valid Arizona Nurse Practitioner License is required as an Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or as a Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Must be eligible to participate in the Medicare, Medicaid and other federal health care programs; must be both privileged and credentialed by the ADHS and Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA).
- Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) /First Aid Certificate is required.
- Experience treating the SMI population is a plus.
- One year experience as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner, with experience in a psychiatric inpatient unit, psychiatric emergency service, clinic or mental health center.
- One year experience in a lead staff role.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 525-160-0831