Engagement Support Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as a Engagement Support Specialist (BHT) at our Tempe office. This is a full time position and may require some evening hours.
This position will assist clients to become involved in or maintain involvement in meaningful community activities or employment. It provides support to clients to develop the skills and confidence to advocate for their own health and well-being in their community. This individual will need to have first-hand knowledge of the communities with which they work, allowing them to serve as a liaison between their clients and the healthcare systems.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral health related field or equivalent preferred.
- Associate’s degree with at least two years of related experience will be considered; must qualify as BHT.
- Experience in a clinical field or providing vocational and/or rehabilitation services preferred.
- Self-motivated, organized, reliable, team player.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 310-751-0119