Emergency Medical Technician
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for Emergency Medical Technicians to join our team in Mesa to work closely with the Mesa police department. In this position, the EMT will perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of the Medical Director. Administrative duties may include maintaining medical records. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing clients for any next medical or crisis de-escalation steps, or other duties as directed by Program Director/Management. EMT will assist with Crisis Intervention and Case Management services to stabilize clients in need of Behavioral Health Support. Services will be provided in the community in client homes and public places. There are full time and part-time opportunities. Ten hours shifts between the hours of 9am-10pm are available.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED completion from an accredited program for EMT or Paramedic Certification required.
- Skills in working in a high paced environment in a Community setting required.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and with a team player type approach required.
- Experience in a community based behavioral health facility is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed is required.
- Experience working in the area of substance abuse is also preferred.
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and experience using electronic health records (EHR) required.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license, with no infractions for the past 3 years so you will be approved by our insurance carrier for liability insurance.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 810-682-0113