Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as a EMT at our site in San Tan Valley. This position is full time position. In this position, the EMT will perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of Medical Director. Administrative duties may include maintaining medical records. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing clients for appointment, or other duties as directed by Medical Director. EMT will also assist with Crisis Intervention and Case Management services to assist in stabilizing clients in need of Behavioral Health Support.
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma/GED & graduation from an accredited program for EMT or Paramedic Certification required.
- Experience in a community based behavioral health facility is preferred and special consideration will be provided to those who have experience in a sub-acute or urgent psychiatric setting.
- Basic knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed is required.
- This position will require an individual with skills in working in a high paced environment in a Crisis Milieu setting.
- This person will need to be able to stay calm under pressure and with a team player type approach.
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and experience using electronic health records (EHR) is required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card or have a valid card.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 899-010819