Eligibility Benefits Specialist - Tempe
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
EMPACT-SPC is looking for a Eligibility Benefits Specialist with previous experience in an outpatient behavioral health setting, health care provider office or similar environment that can represent our agency professionally, treat our clients with respect and in a caring manner.
Under the direction of the Site Administrator, the Eligibility Benefits Specialist, is responsible for verifying client’s insurance benefits and eligibility to assure insurance coverage for services provided. Analyzes benefit issues and recommends course of action. Assist clients with AHCCCS eligibility and enrollment. Verifies & updates demographic information in the electronic health record and assist the outpatient clinic with other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have minimum of a High School education (diploma) or GED.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years direct experience with the AHCCCS application process.
- Insurance verification eligibility experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and maintaining confidentiality of protected health information.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and experience using electronic health records (EHR) is required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card or have one already.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 271-11202019