Early Care Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
We are seeking an Early Care Specialist to interact in the community with families and children as a liaison. This position will provide direct clinical service, education, support and assessment to the birth to five population. In addition, utilizing tools and skills to assist children and families in the birth-5 population attain resources essential to developing. As well as training and consultation within department and clinical teams serving population.
Skills / Requirements
- Must meet qualifications for Behavioral Health Technician as outlined by AZDBHS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in related field strongly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of Infant/Toddler Development and/or Early Care and Education or other standards for birth to five.
- Must have good clinical report writing ability and knowledge of basic computer applications and Electronic Health Record.
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Provide direct clinical service, education, support and assessment to the birth to five population.
- In addition, utilizing developmental tools and skills to assist children and families in the birth-5 population attain resources essential for obtaining their development
- Knowledge of CFT process and Arizona 12 Principles preferred.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license, with no infractions for the past 3 years so you will be approved by our insurance carrier for liability insurance.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- The typical work environment will be outside of client office in shelters, client homes, hospitals, or other places of residence.
- Employees must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Occasional travel to training and out-of-state locations may occur as-need.
- Work from home may also be necessary per EMPACT’s Telecommuting Policy.
EMPACT-SPC/La Frontera Arizona provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All employees of EMPACT-SPC and La Frontera Arizona are employees "at will" as that term is understood in the State of Arizona. This means that employment may be terminated at any time without prior notice and for no stated reason.
EMPACT-SPC/La Frontera Arizona reserves the right to modify position descriptions as needed and without notice. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 342-741-0524