Domestic Violence Navigator/Advocate - Tempe
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit based in Tempe, Glendale, & Maricopa dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for a full-time Domestic Violence Navigator/Advocate (CTN) based in our Tempe office for the Trauma Healing Services department. Responsibilities include working with clients affected by suicide and domestic violence and providing them with assistance in accessing post-crisis services, such as food, housing, financial stability, and identifying support systems. Navigator will assist in completion of AHCCCS applications and coordination with DES, collaboration with extensive network of community based and RBHA resources, completion of necessary documentation, and will serve as a short-term recovery coach to clients post-crisis.
Candidate must identify as a peer of being a recipient of mental health, substance abuse or domestic violence support services or having assisted a family member in their mental health or domestic violence or substance abuse recovery services. Candidate must demonstrate ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, and recognize personal limitations. Candidate must possess the ability to represent agency in professional manner. Candidate must have effective interpersonal skills. Candidate must be able to relate positively to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation. Spanish language ability preferred, but not required. On call component required.
Skills / Requirements
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Spanish language ability preferred, but not required.
- Peer certification will be provided upon hire unless candidate already possesses the certification.
- Peer experience related to domestic violence or suicide preferred.
- Need effective self-care within a potentially stressful client environment.
- Need understanding of community and agency resources with motivation to advocate for client needs.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly and maintain timely clinical documentation.
- Familiarity with Maricopa County community resources is preferred.
- Fingerprint clearance card required or must be eligible to obtain one.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 855-134-0805