Director of Crisis and Trauma Healing Services
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
Plan, organize, direct, and maintain the programs and services provided by the organization. Manage the day-to-day crisis and clinical operations of the organization to maximize the efficiency and quality of service delivery. Assist with grant writing and pursuit of additional funding and contracts. Coordinate with the Chief Financial Officer in regard to operational and budgetary matters. Advise the President/CEO of current functioning of the organization on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the overall direction and management of Crisis department staff including selection, training and development, goal setting, evaluation, performance feedback, and ensuring a positive and respectful work environment. Provide administrative and clinical supervision of Program Managers and indirect supervision to all departmental staff.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of department and schedule meetings, services, and staff time. Assist in the preparation of departmental budget and demonstrate functional responsibility for administering the approved departmental budget.
- Provide community outreach. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related state, community behavioral health, and contracting organizations. Identify potential opportunities for new business development.
- Maintain quality assurance of department's service delivery including clinical care and documentation. Monitor and maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures. Participate in utilization review functions associated with the department. Recommend changes that would improve service delivery and implement changes and new programming as directed.
- Develop and implement Crisis policies and procedures to ensure the effective delivery of Crisis services consistent with the Arizona Crisis Services Delivery Model.
Skills / Requirements
- Ensure the productivity of the department and monitor individual staff performance to meet productivity standards. Work collaboratively with other department managers to maximize utilization of staff capacity.
- Assure continuity of care in the provision of comprehensive services and coordinate communication with other departments of the agency.
- Instruct and train, volunteers, interns, contract staff, and regular staff in their respective disciplines as assigned.
- Participate in ad hoc committees and work groups as assigned.
Participate in agency fund raising activities as requested by management.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 810-090619