Data Validation Administrator
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer. .
We are seeking a highly detailed person for our Data Validation Administrator position at our Tempe Children's Center location. The Data Validation Administer reviews and audits EMPACT-SPC medical records to ensure that the documentation contained in the medical record justifies the data billed on the encounter. Provides verbal and written assistance and on-going education to EMPACT - SPC staff in order to resolve identified errors.
Skills / Requirements
- Compares medical records and encounter data submissions utilizing the Covered Services Guide; ICD10, CPT, HCPCs manuals guidelines and rules. Monitors correction of errors and tracks resubmissions in order to justify accurate coding of services provided.
- Conduct data reviews and audits of selected enrolled members medical records.
- Determines omissions and measures timeliness of encounter submissions.
- Provides verbal and written technical assistance to staff, Managers and Clinical Coordinators in order to resolve identified errors.
- Prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Identifies and coordinates process improvement initiatives related to data validation
- Submits monthly reports to the Quality Management Team.
- Demonstrates personal attentiveness, responsiveness, and prompt follow-up 1 to all internal and external customers.
- Assist in management of organizational projects as needed
- Assists in evaluating and standardizing operations
- Assist with training and education of staff upon request
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills are essential.
- Experienced using electronic health care records, excellent interpersonal skills, capable of confidently and effectively presenting and speaking.
- Able of working independently, collaboratively and proactively to accomplish work goals.
Proficient in basic data analysis, reporting to include spreadsheets, charts, and diagrams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and managing projects through a full cycle process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or must meet BHT qualifications.
- Proficient with NextGen EHR/PM
- Certified Professional Coder Certification Preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a behavioral health environment.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License, with no major infractions in the past three years is required.
- Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Attend meetings, training, and agency activities and events outside of regularly scheduled work hours upon request.
- Maintain compliance with required training.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor or member of management.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 281-02212020