Crisis Transition Navigator
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit based in Tempe, Glendale, & Maricopa dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The Crisis Transition Navigator (CTN) works with Non-Title XIX, and Title XIX-Non-SMI Adults, who have received services from the Maricopa County crisis system. The CTN serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA/Community based resources and facilitates delivery of these necessary services and supports. The goal of the CTN is to provide individuals who are voluntary and able to give informed consent, assistance in accessing post-crisis services to assist with food, housing, financial stability, and identifying support systems.
CRISIS TRANSITION NAVIGATOR: Sun- Wed 9a-7p
CRISIS TRANSITION NAVIGATOR: Weds-Sat 9a-7p
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Peer Certification is required.
- Must self identify as recipient of mental health services [in Maricopa Co.] or having assisted family member in their mental health or substance abuse recovery process.
- Identifies as a Military Veteran, Service Member, or Service Family Member perferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills which allow for professional and positive relationships with coworkers, consumers, families and other community members.
- 2 (two) years of prior experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills evidenced by a non-judgmental approach.
- Effective listening and positive interaction; thorough understanding of the role of family support at each stage of the recovery process.
- Must have ability to effectively interpret and implement complex treatment plans based upon a wide knowledge base of available community services.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 810-092018