Crisis Therapist THIRD SHIFT
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
Empact is proud to be part of a Premier Crisis system being modeled throughout the country. Come join a team that is driving change. The Crisis Therapist job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, responding to crisis calls, completing crisis intervention for ongoing clients, case management and coordination of care, as well as interfacing with first responders. Services will be provided according to training, experience, and certification as assigned. This position will require an individual with skills in working in a high paced environment in a Crisis setting.
SHIFTS: Wednesday - Friday 8:00 pm - 6:00 am in Tempe (*Crisis, Overnight and Weekend Differentials provided*)
Saturday 4:00 pm - 2:00 am in Glendale (*Crisis and Overnight Differentials provided*)
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide direct in-home, in-office, and community based crisis counseling and follow-up services as assigned. Counseling services will be provided to youth, adults and families.
- Provide comprehensive services to clients and coordinate communication with other departments in the agency to accomplish continuity of care. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related state, community behavioral health, and contracting organizations.
- Provide instruction and training for interns, pool staff, and new staff as assigned by the Program Coordinator or Department Manager.
- Ensure quality service delivery including clinical care and all associated documentation. Maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures. This includes appropriate phone documentation, intake documentation, endangerment triaging, treatment planning, referral triaging, risk planning, termination documentation, interagency reports and follow-up documentation
- Perform job duties in a safe manner at all times; provide support for team members and perform cooperatively and professionally as part of a cohesive team.
- Will be required at times to work in potentially volatile situations and to react in a professional manner to crisis situations regardless of the nature of the environment or circumstances.
- Will be required to oversee everyday functioning of department vehicles and to immediately report incidents involving damage or theft. May be required to do basic safety checks on vehicles (oil, tire air pressure, etc.).
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommend to the Program Coordinator or Manager changes that would improve service delivery. Select and develop one specialized function related to the development of department services.
- Participate in all regularly scheduled department meetings. Required to receive at least 4 hours of supervision per month from a coordinator in the department.
- Participate in agency fund raising activities as requested by management.
***Multiple Evening and Overnight Shifts Available-Work 4 ten hour days***
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a directly related field.
- Experience in Crisis Services, Outpatient Services or Community Outreach is preferred. Special consideration given to those who have experience in sub acute or urgent psychiatric settings.
- Flexible to extend work shift to complete crisis work, paperwork, etc. as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations and collaborate/work in a team environment.
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred. *Receive Bilingual Differential*
- Must possess valid AZ Driver's license with no major infractions for the past 39 months.
- Fingerprint clearance card required or must be eligible to obtain one.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent