Crisis Therapist Float
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA.
This is a great opportunity for a Crisis Therapist Float to join our dynamic team in our Tempe office.In this position, you will provide crisis services to individuals in Maricopa County. The job responsibilities will include responding to crisis calls, conducting a crisis intervention for ongoing clients, case management and coordination of care. Responsibilities also include assistance on required documentation for crisis charts. Services will be provided according to training, experience, and certification as assigned.
CRISIS THERAPIST/SPECIALIST – FLOAT: FRI – MON (9A-7P)
- Provide direct in-home, in-office, and community based crisis counseling and follow-up services as assigned. Counseling services will be provided to youth, adults and families.
- Provide comprehensive services to clients and coordinate communication with other departments in the agency to accomplish continuity of care. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related state, community behavioral health, and contracting organizations.
- Provide instruction and training for interns, pool staff, and new staff as assigned by the Program Coordinator or Department Manager.
- Ensure quality service delivery including clinical care and all associated documentation. Maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures. This includes appropriate phone documentation, intake documentation, endangerment triaging, treatment planning, referral triaging, risk planning, termination documentation, interagency reports and follow-up documentation
- Perform job duties in a safe manner at all times; provide support for team members and perform cooperatively and professionally as part of a cohesive team.
- Will be required at times to work in potentially volatile situations and to react in a professional manner to crisis situations regardless of the nature of the environment or circumstances.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a directly related field OR the qualifications to meet BHT level requirements
- At least 1 year of job related experience.
- Clear and effective communication.
- Strong customer service.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Documentation skills.
- Conflict resolution.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm when assisting high-risk
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 810-111218