Crisis Therapist Bilingual Full Time and Part Time
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
We are looking for a Full Time Bilingual Crisis Therapist based in our Tempe office for the Trauma Healing Services department. Responsibilities include providing office and community-based crisis de-escalation and brief supportive counseling to individuals and families affected by sexual and domestic violence. The position also facilitates group treatment services, provides personal advocacy, collaborates with victims on safety planning, provides risk assessments and appropriate interventions, and coordinates services with EMPACT-SPC case manager/advocate and agency staff. The position coordinates services with other behavioral health, law enforcement and public agencies as requested by the victim. On-call overnight component once per week.
Candidate must demonstrate ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, and recognize personal limitations. Candidate must possess the ability to represent agency in professional manner. Candidate should have prior experience, which demonstrates ability to understand the needs of the population and their families, empower victims to make positive choices, and relate positively to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation. Spanish language ability required.
Skills / Requirements
- Master's Degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, or directly related field is required.
- Spanish language ability required.
- Must have knowledge of effective crisis interventions
- Mush have comprehensive understanding of the effects of significant trauma and principles of Trauma-Informed Care.
- Must have effective self-care within a potentially stressful client environment.
- Must have understanding of community and agency resources with motivation to advocate for client needs.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly, facilitate public presentations and maintain timely clinical documentation.
- Familiarity with Maricopa County community resources is preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural competency through experience with diverse minority populations is preferred.
- Fingerprint clearance card or eligible to qualify to obtain one.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 635-132-0831