EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The DCS Crisis Specialist position is part of the Crisis Stabilization Team working with children and families in crisis whom have involvement with the Department of Child Safety (DCS). The position provides direct crisis intervention services in home, school, and in the community. Crisis intervention services include but are not limited to crisis prevention; de-escalation; transportation; client support/supervision; parent training; behavior management training and assistance; and provision and assistance in accessing appropriate community referrals. The requirements of the position include ensuring coordination of care with multiple systems including Behavioral Health providers and networks; Juvenile Probation; School; Division of Developmental Disabilities; Placements and license agencies; and Department of Child Safety (DCS).
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral health related field or meet BHT requirements.
- Experience working with children in Department of Child Safety (previously CPS) care and knowledge of the RBHA children's system preferred.
- Experience utilizing electronic health records system.
- Must be detail oriented and have good time management, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
- Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Job Status: Full Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 810-125-0126