Crisis Specialist - San Tan Valley
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer. This is a great opportunity for a Crisis Specialist to join our new team in our San Tan Valley Office.
In this position, you will provide crisis services to individuals at the San Tan Valley Behavioral Walk-In Center. The job responsibilities will include but are not limited to: assisting clients with the intake process, completing comprehensive evaluations, assessing clients for risk and safety concerns, provide emotional and psycho-educational support, coordinate care with other clinics and telemed providers, assist clients throughout the telemed process, document all interactions with clients, provide clients with community resources, coordinate care with other behavioral health hospitals, and interface with first responders. Services will be provided according to training, experience, and certification as assigned. This position will require a compassionate individual with skills working in a high paced environment in a clinical setting. This position will be for overnight and weekends depending on the needs of the clinic
***Position has a Rural and Crisis Differential***
Skills / Requirements
- Provide direct in-home, in-office, in school and community based crisis services. These services will include but not be limited to crisis intervention and de-escalation, transportation, maintaining or establishing community stabilization, client support and/or supervision, parenting training, behavior management training and assistance, and provision and assistance in accessing appropriate community referrals.
- Ensure quality service delivery including clinical care and all associated documentation. Maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Provide comprehensive services to clients and assist in coordinating communication with other departments of the agency to accomplish continuity of care. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related state, community behavioral health, and contracting organizations.
- Comply with the agency's standard of care for service delivery. Assist with Quality Management and Utilization Review as needed.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner at all times; provide support for team members and perform cooperatively and professionally as part of a cohesive team.
- Will be required to oversee everyday functioning of department vehicles and to immediately report incidents involving damage or theft. May be required to do basic safety checks on vehicles (oil, tire air pressure, etc.).
- Will be required at times to work in potentially volatile situations and to react in a professional manner to crisis situations regardless of the nature of the environment or circumstances.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a directly related field OR the qualifications to meet BHT level requirements
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in Crisis Services preferred and special consideration given to those who have experience in sub-acute or urgent psychiatric settings.
- Flexible to extend work shift to complete crisis work, paperwork, etc. as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations and collaborate/work in a team environment.
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred. ***Bilingual Differential Pay per hour***
- Must possess valid AZ Driver's license with no major infractions for the past 39 months.
- Fingerprint clearance card required. Or, you must be eligible to qualify to obtain one.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 899-01092020