Crisis Specialist - San Tan Valley
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer. This is a great opportunity for a Crisis Specialist to join our new team in our San Tan Valley Office.
In this position, you will provide behavioral health services to individuals at the San Tan Valley Behavioral Walk-In Center. The job responsibilities will include but are not limited to: assisting clients with the intake process, completing comprehensive evaluations, assessing clients for risk and safety concerns, provide emotional and psycho-educational support, coordinate care with other clinics and telemed providers, assist clients throughout the telemed process, document all interactions with clients, provide clients with community resources, coordinate care with other behavioral health hospitals, and interface with first responders. Services will be provided according to training, experience, and certification as assigned. This position will require a compassionate individual with skills working in a high paced environment in a clinical setting.
***Position is an overnight schedule and has a Rural and Crisis Differential***
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a directly related field OR the qualifications to meet BHT level requirements
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in Crisis Services preferred and special consideration given to those who have experience in sub-acute or urgent psychiatric settings.
- Flexible to extend work shift to complete crisis work, paperwork, etc. as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations and collaborate/work in a team environment.
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred. ***Bilingual Differential Pay per hour***
- Must possess valid AZ Driver's license with no major infractions for the past 39 months.
- Fingerprint clearance card required. Or, you must be eligible to qualify to obtain one
- Available to work overnight and weekend shifts
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 899-10282019