Crisis Specialist - DCS Stabilization
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Pinal County DCS Crisis Stabilization Specialist position is part of the Crisis Stabilization Team working with children and families in crisis whom have involvement with the Department of Child Safety (DCS). This position covers all of Pinal County as well as parts of East Maricopa County. The position provides direct crisis intervention services in home, school, and in the community. Crisis intervention services include but are not limited to crisis prevention; de-escalation; transportation; client support/supervision; psychoeducation to clients and families, parent training; behavior management training and assistance; and provision and assistance in accessing appropriate community referrals. The requirements of the position include ensuring coordination of care with multiple systems including Behavioral Health providers and networks; Juvenile Probation; School; Division of Developmental Disabilities; Placements and license agencies; and Department of Child Safety (DCS).
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree. Course of Study: Psychology, counseling, and social work, or directly related field.
- Experience working with children in Department of Child Safety care and knowledge of the RBHA children's system preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Experience utilizing electronic health records system
- Clear and effective communication
- Strong customer service
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Clinical Documentation skills
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to multitask and remain calm when assisting high-risk clients
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Experience managing a client case load
- Knowledge of Maricopa County community resources for children and families
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available
Job Status: Full Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 899-010819