Community Intake Navigator - Glendale
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The primary purpose of this position is to enroll children and families within the current RHBA, as well as enroll them in on going behavioral health services. In addition, this position will serve as a navigator within our children’s outpatient services, ensuring that access to care and timeliness of contractual agreements are met.
Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health related field is required and 2 years minimum of behavioral health experience required.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health related field is required.
- 2 years minimum of behavioral health experience required.
- Previous experience working with children is preferred
- Knowledge of CFT process and Arizona children's services.
- Requires the ability to be flexible and problem solve and to have the ability to use creativity in the approach to service delivery.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Maricopa County Regional Behavioral Health Authority preferred.
- Adequate understanding of the behavioral health filed, including basic understanding of psychiatric diagnoses, symptoms and the role of case management preferred.
- Adequate computer and typing skills required.
- Experience working with Next Gen preferred.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 342-082919