Clinical Service Liaison MHBG Outreach
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
EMPACT-SPC is on the cutting edge in providing unconditional service to children and families. We offer many opportunities for professional development and growth. Our Children’s Services Department is constantly developing and enhancing programs to meet the needs of families in the community.
We are looking for a Clinical Service Liaison to join our team of highly committed clinical staff. Put your creative, organizational and communications skills to good use. MHBG Outreach/CSL will participate in community outreach and engagement for the purposes of community education, awareness of mental health resources for adults, identifying uninsured or under-insured adults who may qualify for mental health services under MHBG funding. Additionally, the MHBG Outreach/CSL will participate in the enrollment of individuals for those referrals obtained via the outreach activities. This is creative community based work. Driving is required in this role.
1. CSL will be active in the community to identify and solicit MHBG referrals
2. CSL will develop, enhance, maintain relationships with other community providers (i.e. schools, community groups, service providers)
3. CSL will coordinate and facilitate community/professional presentations on mental health resources available for those who are uninsured or underinsured and are adults with serious mental illness (SMI), children with serious emotional disturbance (SED) and individuals experiencing their first episode of psychosis (FEP)
4. Comply with all tracking and reporting requirements, including but not limited to mileage, associated expenses, referrals, presentations
5. Conduct initial enrollments, evaluations, assessments for referrals acquired. Direct services may be in-home, community based, or office based
6. Ensure the continuity of care in the provision of comprehensive behavioral health services to members. Assist additional team members, which include Clinical Coordinators, Managers, and/or Director in coordinating communication with other departments of the agency or with external stakeholders in accomplishing this function.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health related field preferred or must at minimum meet BHT requirements.
- Prior basic clinical experience required.
- Effective communicator: written, verbal, interpersonal, presentations, meeting facilitation.
- Effective personal organization; ability to prioritize; work efficiently and independently.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Training/Presentation knowledge and/or experience.
- Proficient with MS Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of NextGen preferred but not required.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 342-115-0315