Clinical Coordinator Vet Court - Supervisor
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
We are seeking a Clinical Coordinator (Supervisor) for our Phoenix Veteran’s Court Program. As the Veteran’s Court Coordinator, you would assure the quality of services delivered to clients, coordinating day to day operations of the program, and recommending and implementing changes that would improve the delivery of services. Position will provide clinical services to a caseload of veterans enrolled with Phoenix Veteran’s Court. Experience working with the veteran population preferred. Position will be a combination of virtual and on-site/in-person services. Experience in a supervisory role preferred. Experience with grant management preferred. Some evening hours may be required.
Skills / Requirements
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Assist manager with the administrative and clinical supervision of staff and interns. Evaluate staff and intern performance. Make recommendations to the Manager on personnel and staffing needs, as well as on changes that would improve service delivery. Provide instruction and training for staff, interns, and contract staff, in his/her respective discipline, as opportunities permit or as assigned by the Manager.
2. Direct the overall productivity of the program and monitor individual staff, contractor, and intern performance to meet productivity standards. Provide clinical services at least 25% of work week. For Coordinators who are also Master’s Level Therapists, those clinical services would be psychotherapy for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. Productivity standards are established annually, at a minimum.
3. Ensure quality service delivery by staff supervised, including clinical care and all associated duties. Monitor client records for all staff supervised for current status and compliance with agency policies and procedures, as well as RBHA, state, and federal requirements. Participate in the agency's Quality Management Program, as needed or requested.
4. Produce complete, timely, thorough, quality clinical documentation of all services rendered, both billable and nonbillable, as required. Monitor and oversee clinical documentation/billing done by all staff supervised. All documentation must include sufficient information about the activity being documented and the client’s participation in, and response to, the activity.
5. Work independently and responsibly, and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of treatment programs. Develop, implement and maintain at least one clearly defined program area.
6. Direct the day-to-day operations of the program; schedule meetings, services and staff time; and schedule, facilitate, and document weekly supervision with staff. Address any concerns promptly and clearly. Provide, or arrange for, coverage for positions supervised, as needed.
7. Provide and deliver at least 40 hours of work per week. Work beyond scheduled work hours to complete required paperwork or to complete crisis stabilization tasks. Some evening hours may be required. Provide periodic on-call supervisor rotation for the ICS Department, involving 24-hour availability.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in behavioral health related field required.
- Associate level licensure with AzBBHE is required.
- Five (5) years of prior community behavioral health work experience is preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate skill in communication, coordination, leadership, supportive and team player.
- Must have good time management skills and attentive to urgent needs.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 854-110-0901