Clinical Coordinator - Tempe
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are currently looking for a Clinical Coordinator for our office located in Tempe. As a Clinical Coordinator you would assure the quality of services to clients, coordinating day to day operations of the program, and recommending and implementing changes that would improve the delivery of services. Provide direct service counseling, on-going counseling, prevention services, and education services to adults, families, and youth.
This position involves regular Veteran Court contact and will carry a therapy caseload. Must be comfortable working with possible DV (Domestic Violence) offenders.
***Must be able to work some weekends.
Skills / Requirements
- Assist manager with the administrative and clinical supervision of staff and interns. Evaluate staff and intern performance. Make recommendations to the Manager on personnel and staffing needs, as well as on changes that would improve service delivery. Provide instruction and training for staff, interns, and contract staff, in his/her respective discipline, as opportunities permit or as assigned by the Manager.
- Direct the overall productivity of the program and monitor individual staff, contractors , interns, work study staff and volunteer performance to meet productivity standards. Provide clinical services at least 25% of work week. For Coordinators who are also Master’s Level Therapists, those clinical services would be psychotherapy for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. Productivity standards are established annually, at a minimum.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the program and be responsible for scheduling of meetings, services and staff time. Responsible for scheduling and facilitating ongoing regular supervision with staff, to include individual, group, and team. Provide coverage for positions supervised as needed.
- Provide for quality assurance of the program's service delivery including client chart and documentation. Monitor and maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Recommend to the Manager changes that would improve service delivery and for implementing changes and new programming as directed by the Manager.
- Clinical Coordinators will be required to work beyond scheduled work hours to complete required paperwork or to complete crisis stabilization tasks. Evening and night hours may be required. Clinical Coordinators will be required to provide rotations involving 24-hour availability.
- Ensure the continuity of care in providing comprehensive services and coordinates or facilitates communications with other departments of the agency.
- Develop, implement and maintain at least one clearly defined program area.
- Comply with and assure compliance by staff with the agency's standard of care for service delivery. Assist with Quality Management, Quality Assurance and Utilization Review.
- Bachelor’s degree in non-behavioral health related field and 30 semester hours in behavioral health education and four years behavioral health work experience. OR
- Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health related field is required.
- Master's degree in behavioral health related field preferred & licensure with AzBBHE is preferred.
- Prior community behavioral health related work experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 (one) year of supervisory experience.
- Specialized knowledge of co-occurring substance abuse disorder assessment and treatment and housing needs assessment and resource is preferred.
- 2 (two) years behavioral health related field work experience required.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 844-03092020