Child/Adolescent Family Therapist - Childrens Program
La Frontera Arizona/EMPACT-Suicide Prevention Center is an industry leading non-profit within Maricopa and Pinal Counties, dedicated to providing the community with quality general mental health counseling and other services since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a Child/Adolescent Family Therapist / Counselor to join our agency as part of our Children Services team in our Tempe office. EMPACT-SPC is on the cutting edge in providing unconditional service to children and families. We offer many opportunities for professional development and growth. Our Children’s Services Department is constantly developing and enhancing programs to meet the needs of families in the community. Therapist primary responsibility will be to provide assessments for child and family clients. Through the Child and Family Team process, the Family Therapist will provide in home and community-based therapy and counseling services to children and families. The therapist will work with Child and Family teams and collaborate with Families; Department of Child Safety; Courts and other partners and stake holders to meet the needs of the children. The Therapist/Counselor must ensure he/she delivers quality service including clinical care and documentation while maintaining all client records in accordance the Arizona Vision and 12 Principles.
Skills / Requirements
- Must possess a Master's Degree in behavioral health field
- Minimum of an associate level license with AzBBHE (LAC, LAMFT, or LMSW) or in process of applying for an associate level licensure is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of RBHA and AZ Children's Behavioral Health Systems required.
- Prior experience with Child Family Team process and community behavioral health.
- Prior experience with youth in crisis or with trauma exposure is preferred.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 342-121817-1