Case Manager Navigator SMI
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $2000 (amount varies with position)**
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as an SMI Case Manager Navigator. This position is full time position and will require flexibility with scheduling based on client and family's needs.
The SMI Case Manager Navigator will provide outreach and engagement and case management services. Complete assessments, service plans and implement services to consumers in accordance with their individualized service plan (ISP). Communicate and document consumer’s progress toward their recovery.
1. Provide outreach to members not currently engaged in services, educate, communicate, and coordinate care with consumer, their family, behavioral health, medical and dental providers, community resources and others in ensuring that all services prescribed in the individualized service plan are implemented.
2. Provide assistance in maintaining, monitoring and modifying covered behavioral health services.
3. Provide brief telephone or face to face interactions with a person, family or other involved party for the purpose of screening and assessing for level of care.
4. Provide assistance in finding necessary resources other than covered services to meet basic needs.
5. Serve as a point of contact for members’ behavioral health services. Ensure ongoing collaboration, including the communication of appropriate clinical information with other involved parties, as is appropriate. Coordinate care with members’ family, behavioral and general medical and dental health care providers, community resources, and other involved supports including educational, social, judicial, community and other State agencies.
6. Complete brief assessments and service plans to focus on coordination of services between multiple agencies or continued outreach services.
7. Deliver at least 40 hours of work per week, with a goal of 30 hours of direct client contact. Productivity standards established at a minimum of once a year. Complete all tasks agreed upon by timelines given.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; Minimum of HS Diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of one year of case management experience in the community behavioral health field. Experience conducting outreach and engagement with the seriously mentally ill, homeless population. Experience in screening, assessing and developing service plans.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and prefer experience with an Electronic Health Record. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in the community with minimal supervision.
- Requires a fingerprint clearance card or must be eligible to obtain one.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 370-705-1213