EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a Billing Specialist to join our team in our Tempe office. This position will be responsible for billing, researching claims, and processing co-payments. Other responsibilities include:
- Research any paid claims not consistent with original claim, make any corrections and appropriate adjustment documentation.
- Research each denied claim and re-bill accordingly.
- Responsible for processing any updated information for claims to reprocess and ensure timely payment.
- Post co-payments to the client's accounts and ensure appropriate allocation.
- Complete monthly billing reports.
Skills / Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of directly related clerical, medical office or client service and phone experience.
- Medicare, Third Party Liability (TPL) or other health insurance experience preferred.
- Must possess a very strong attention to detail.
- Experience in financial transactions preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office/MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must possess Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 225-201-0721