Bilingual Trauma Therapist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), La Frontera Arizona, is a non-profit industry leader located in in Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale, Maricopa, Apache Juction and San Tan Valley dedicated to providing valuable community resources for crisis management, counseling, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for two bilingual (Spanish-English) Trauma Therapists. Positions will be required to travel between our Tempe, Glendale or Rural office locations.
Responsibilities include providing individual counseling sessions to victims and their families, facilitating group treatment services, providing personal advocacy, collaborating with the victim on safety planning and treatment goals, providing risk assessments and appropriate interventions, and coordinating services with EMPACT-SPC case manager/advocate and mobile crisis teams. Therapist will coordinate services with agency staff and other behavioral health, law enforcement and public agencies as requested by the victim.
Part Time Work Schedule Options:
- 20 hours per week. Tempe office and one day per week in San Tan OR Maricopa. Position will be on-call periodically for after-hours crisis interventions.**Rural Differential plus Crisis Differential**
- 10 hours per week. Tempe office and one day per week in Glendale.
Skills / Requirements
- Master's Degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, or directly related field is required.
- Spanish language ability is required for this position.
- Must be certified by AzBBHE with associate licensure or able to obtain within 6 months.
- Need knowledge of effective therapeutic interventions in individual and group settings.
- Need comprehensive understanding of the effects of significant trauma and principles of Trauma-Informed Care.
- Need effective self-care within a potentially stressful client environment.
- Need understanding of community and agency resources with motivation to advocate for client needs.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly, facilitate public presentations and maintain timely clinical documentation.
- Familiarity with Maricopa County community resources is preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural competency through experience with diverse minority populations is preferred.
- Requires a fingerprint clearance card (or be eligible to qualify to obtain one).
- *** EMPACT-SPC offers Bilingual Differential Pay per hour***
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 628-041119