Be Connected Navigator Liaison
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer..
The Be Connected Military Liaison works specifically with military veterans, service member families, or military staff/personnel. The Be Connected Military Liaison serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA, VA, and other Community based resources. In addition, the Be Connected Military Liaison is the central point of contact for the statewide Be Connected Navigators for referrals, data collection, and coordination.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Peer experience-- identification as veteran or family member who identifies as a Peer.
- Prior experience assisting veterans and family members in their mental health or substance abuse recovery process.
- Minimum of two years of community based behavioral health service preferred.
- Knowledge of the Veteran Behavioral Health System, Medical, other benefits and resources.
- Effective interpersonal skills which allows for professional and positive relationships with co-workers, consumers, families, and other community members; effective communication skills evidenced by a non-judgmental approach, effective listening, and positive interaction; ability to effectively deliver a message or training in a public-speaking setting.
- Must present professionally when interacting with internal/external leadership and community stakeholders.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 841-101018