Be Connected Military Navigator
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer..
The Military Navigator will be a part of the Be Connected program. This program is a statewide effort to strengthen access to support and resources for the 600,000+ service members, veterans and their families. Our Military Navigator will work specifically with military veterans, service member families, or military staff/personnel. The Military Liaison serves as a bridge to ongoing services by coordinating and monitoring RBHA, VA, and other Community based resources.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Identify as recipient of mental health services, substance abuse services or experienced homelessness in the Maricopa County.
- Identify as a Military Veteran, Service Member or Service Family Member.
- Peer Support Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of military armed forces and understand services available to assist our veteran and family member of services members is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 841-021119