EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
This Therapist provides therapy to adults and their families treating a broad range of problems from various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. The therapy shall include assessment, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and case management. It will also include maintaining client records in current and complete status.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will require community based work providing individual, couples, and family therapy. Full-time Day shifts with some evening hours required.
Skills / Requirements
- Provide psychotherapy for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of adults and their families, individualizing these services to meet unique needs. Use community resources and referrals, as appropriate, to enhance and expand treatment.
- Deliver at least 40 hours of work per week, with a goal of 30 hours of therapy services. Provide case management services to support and augment the therapy, as needed. Productivity standards are established annually, at a minimum. Some evening hours are required.
- Work independently and responsibly, and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of treatment and prevention programs.
- Produce complete, timely, thorough, quality clinical documentation of all services rendered, both billable and non-billable, as required. The documentation must include sufficient information about the activity being documented and the client’s participation in, and response to, the activity.
- Ensure quality service delivery, including clinical care and all associated duties. Utilize Best Practice therapeutic approaches whenever possible. Maintain all client records in current status and in accordance with agency policies and procedures, as well as RBHA, state, and federal requirements. Participate in the agency’s Quality Management Program, as needed or requested.
- Participate actively in regular supervision, accepting feedback and suggestions in a collaborative and strengths-based way.
- Interact regularly and constructively with the clinical team, support staff, and administrative staff.
- Participate in all regularly scheduled administrative, in-service, and staff meetings. Recommend changes that would improve service delivery.
- Coordinate communication with other departments of the agency in accomplishing continuity of care.
- Participate in standing and ad hoc committees and work groups, as requested. Provide instruction and training for interns and coworkers in his/her respective discipline, as requested.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with state, community, and contracting organizations, and with collaborating partners.
- Must possess a Master's Degree in behavioral health field.
- Licensure through AzBBHE preferred.
- Experience working with adults in the community behavioral health field preferred.
- Detail orientated and ability to multi-task in a fast- paced environment.
- Will need to be able to provide some evening hours.
- Must be organized and reliable.
- Must have knowledge of community resources, be trauma-informed, and be able to individualize treatment.
- Experience with trauma therapy preferred.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 310-155-1006