Adolescent Behavior Management Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
EMPACT-SPC is on the cutting edge in providing unconditional service to children and families. We offer many opportunities for professional development and growth. Our Children’s Services Department is constantly developing and enhancing programs to meet the needs of families in the community. We are currently hiring for a Behavior Management Specialist at our Tempe Children's Center (TCC). This position focuses on providing direct support with a strong emphasis on behavior management to adolescents and families in their homes, schools and/or in the community. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter; can work well within a team and is able to work a flexible schedule. It will facilitate groups assisting adolescents to work toward independent living, as well as healthy activities in the community. Must have knowledge and experience in the area of behavior management and parent partnering/education; working in collaboration with teams serving families within the Child and Family Team process consistent with the Arizona Vision/12 principles. Must be able to adhere to deadlines, medical records compliance and performance requirements. Some evening hours required.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- BHT level as stipulated by AZDHS/BHS is preferred.
- Must have minimum of one year prior experience in an applicable or relevant setting pertinent to the position.
- 4 years behavioral health experience preferred.
- Prior education or work experience related to Wellness, Nutrition, and/or Exercise Science is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is required.
- Computer and Microsoft office suite proficiency.
- Must have excellent time management skills; be able to meet deadlines and timely documentation.
- Knowledge of Behavior Management Techniques.
- Must be able to work with multiple systems and children and families in crisis.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 342-237glen-0921