ACT Registered Nurse
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
We are looking for an individual to join our team as a Psychiatric Registered Nurse at our Phoenix office.
The Registered Nurse provides nursing services to all consumers primarily assigned to a specific clinic. May cover other clinics. Services include engagement, assessment, treatment planning, medication administration, education and supportive psychotherapy. Has an assigned caseload and is available as needed to any consumer assigned to their team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as nurse to ACT consumers. Performs all duties required of nurses in this treatment system.
- Covers other nurses in their clinic as needed.
- Documents all activities in the clinical record according to policy using approved forms.
- Participates in on-call as directed.
- Practices according to evidence-based practices and DBHS Performance Improvement Protocols and Technical Assistance Documents as posted on DBHS web site.
- Practices according to the recovery model; knows and practices engagement skills including motivational interviewing; and assists consumers to define and achieve their own recovery goals.
- Identifies potential barriers to quality care and opportunities for improvement and reports them to Director of Nursing.
- Participates in UM and QI activities as required.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Perform specialized duties as required by special clinical situations or treatment populations consistent with license and scope of practice. Re: Integrated Health
Skills / Requirements
- Associates Degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program.
- Licensed by the Arizona Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse and in good standing.
- At least 1 year working on an ACT team OR 2 years of working with SMI population.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Maricopa County Regional Behavioral Health Authority.
- Adequate computer skills preferred; Outlook, Word and Next Gen.
- Fingerprint clearance card required. Or, you must be eligible to qualify to obtain one.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 362-02282019