ACT Independent Living Skills Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. EMPACT-SPC is an EEO/AA employer.
Our Independent Living Skills Specialist will provide direct treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services in a community setting to consumers. Works as a team member of a clinical team to assess consumer needs and wants, participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a consumer advocate and liaisons with families and community agencies. Provides on-call crisis intervention services, as well as weekend and holiday coverage. Additionally, this position supports that acquisition of Independent Living Skills through direct skills training or in collaboration with other team members.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a bachelor's degree in behavioral health related field or meet BHT requirements.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Maricopa County Regional Behavioral Health Authority preferred.
- Adequate understanding of the behavioral health filed, including basic understanding of psychiatric diagnoses, symptoms and the role of case management preferred.
- Adequate computer and typing skills required.
- Ability to work in the community with minimal supervision.
- Must have Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 320-685-1230