ACT Housing Specialist
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. This is a great opportunity for Peer Support to join our agency in our Glendale office location. We are an EEO/AA employer.
We are looking for a ACT Housing Specialist, this position provides direct treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services in a community setting to participants. Works as a team member of a clinical team to assess consumer needs and wants, participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a consumer advocate and liaisons with families and community agencies. Provides on-call crisis intervention services, as well as weekend and holiday coverage. Will serve as the ACT’s specialist on housing and collaborates with other ACT members to provide housing and housing related services for ACT participants.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health related field OR meet BHT requirements.
- Interpersonal skills which allow for professional and positive relationships with co-workers, participants, families, and other community members.
- Good communication skills evidenced by a non-judgmental approach, effective listening, and positive interactions.
- Knowledge and experience in HUD, HQS Inspections, Public Housing Programs and auditing of low income housing programs.
- Knowledge of ADA, Fair Housing, other civil rights laws pertaining to affordable housing.
- Experience working in community behavioral health with adults with serious mental illness is required.
- Experience working on an ACT Team is preferred.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Plus: Bi-lingual (Spanish) per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 362-070919