ACT Employment Specialist
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The primary duties of the Employment Specialist is to provide direct treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services in a community setting to consumers. Provides direct job development services and employment support services to assist to obtain and maintain community-based employment. Works as a team member of a clinical team to assess consumer needs and wants, participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a consumer advocate and liaisons with families and community agencies. Provides on-call crisis intervention services, as well as weekend and holiday coverage.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Health related field preferred or must meet BHT qualifications.
- Previous Supportive experience knowledge of Disability Benefits 101 preferred.
- Experience/Understanding of SAMHSA's models of Permanent Supportive Housing as well as knowledge/use of SPDAT tool and understanding of SAMHSA's Supported Employment model preferred.
- Experience with local employment resources and collaborating with vocational rehabilitation preferred.
- Position will require the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License, with no major infractions in the past three years is required.
- Fingerprint clearance card / or eligible to obtain one.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 361-061319